Monday, August 30, 2010

and so it begins.....

The first 9 weeks…it all began with entering Kansas City Fitness Magazine Weight Loss Challenge. I had to round up enough votes to be in the top 12 out of 41 wonderful people and with the help of all my friends and family I got first place in the votes and so the story begins! I had to show a full body picture (which isn’t in my “life plan” and my weight!! Who does that? Who places the thing that you are most insecure with on the internet and literally BEG people to go look at my picture and see all 289 lbs of themselves?? Normal people don’t do that. Desperate people do that. Desperate people who feel like they have come to the end of their rope. People who don’t like looking in the mirror. People who takes pictures of themselves but knows just what angle to take to leave the double chin out. I know how to place my arms so my flab ain’t jiggling for everyone to see. I DID THAT. I am the desperate girl that begged people to come look at her FULL SIZE WEIGHT BEARING PICTURE and “like” my photo. I did all that just so I could begin a 9 week journey of HELP ME PLEASE!! Tomorrow starts the FIRST day of the 9 weeks. I get a trainer, a gym and a lot less sleep and I couldn’t be more excited for anything in my whole life!!!




I wanted to start this blog so I could share with you the details of these next 9 weeks. The most exciting 9 weeks of my life. The scariest 9 weeks of my life. The most rewarding 9 weeks of my life. This is a blessing. This is a dream come true. If I’m gonna wave my big self on the internet, then I’m gonna lose my big self on the internet also!! So stay tuned…The weigh-in is tomorrow at 7am sharp. I weighed 289.6 on the initial weigh in for the dreaded picture…but tomorrow is the beginning weight to start the competition. I’ve saw a lot of the people in the contest have already started working out before the weigh in. The way my mind thinks has been..I have so many days til Tuesday…so I’ve been Blue Belling it up…still working out but enjoying my ice cream until the day it’s gone..tomorrow!!

SO EXCITED!!

Love to all that has surrounded me with their love, support, friendship, laughter, encouragement and “LIKES!!!” LOL!!!! Smooches!!!

Sincerely,

Mandi… Team Mandi…The Thinionares!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Go Team Mandi!! You can do it!! I love you and I'm here to support you 100%!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROCK ON GIRL! You definitely got one thing right (and many others), but calling this a blessing! This challenge really was a blessing in my life and that of those I got to share Round 3 with. That blessing initiated a blessing in my best friend and roommmate's life too (Ali).

    I love that you are where you are today, I pray that this IS the first 9 weeks of the REST of your life because the challenge ends and then life begins on a new journey. I say life begins AFTER the challenge because the lifestyle changes are learned during the challenge but the real test is continuing AFTER the interviews are over, the public picture goes away and the accountability isn't quite as public. When it's just you and the refrigerator late at night or no one is there to hold you to getting to the gym for a workout. THAT is the real challenge and I'm so honored to get to watch it all play out DURING and after. Girl, you are so encouraging, inspiring and uplifting and I love it! I cant wait to see you fight for the YOU that you deserve to be (for God's glory). ...(just don't beat ali..haha). For real though, you can do this and I believe you are going to follow through with that first step leading to a life's worth of more. I hear ya about the photos, I used to angle the camera down, hide behind friends, push my side fat in, not lift my arms and a thousand other ways to make myself "look" a little less HUGE on camera, but now - take it right up front and show it all, I'm still a bit bigger than most but I'm proud and show it with a BIG smile. :)

    BTW, loved the comment you said:

    If I’m gonna wave my big self on the internet, then I’m gonna lose my big self on the internet also!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Mesha!!! What an encourager!!! I receive ALL of that!!!!!

    ReplyDelete