Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I DON’T DO SPRINTS OR STAIRS has been added to my list of “I don’t do’s!!”


Oh mercy….so where do I begin….where did I leave off? I think it was Friday. 
I honestly am not sure what I did Friday night. Is that sad? Too many things happened, to many workout got mixed up J OH BUT WHAT I DO REMEMBER…..
I did have my first ( I feel like I’m stuffed, full, bloated feeling that I miss so much lol). Finally a meal that I absolutely loved and didn’t just eat out of obligation. I fixed hamburgers. Lean meat of course.  Lite ceasar salad and I got frozen yellow squash from the freezer and sautéed them in I can’t believe it’s not butter and  brown sugar splenda and I thought I was gonna slap somebody b/c it was SOOOO good!! My first meal that I thought I was living my old life, the old way of eating…oh how much fun and I didn’t even gain weight from it. What a bonus J I think that’s all I did after work. I didn’t work out that night even. Someone shoot me J

Saturday: Walked 45 min of hills on the Dreadmill and then went to Zumba !!! I so love Zumba. Had super fun, burnt tons of calories and it didn’t even feel like I was working out. I was shakin my booTAY!  Then I took a LOOONNNGGG nap and I think I was a bum the rest of the day too!! Oh my..I’m seeing a trend here J 

Sunday was super fun.  Sunday I went down to Butler, where I am from, and walked with my friend Sandy. Let me tell you about Sandy.  I really didn’t even know Sandy very well until my friend Anissa was telling me about a friend of hers who had lost a bunch of weight on Weight Watchers and was always looking for a walking partner. Well since I had been on a diet since I was 12, Anissa obviously knew I would just LOVE a walking partner and gave Sandy my e mail address and after months of pestering I finally caved in.  Well that’s how I got to know her. It was over miles of walking and talking and now she’s one of my BESTEST friends in the world and would be lost without her. However, her constantly calling and asking to walk got on my nerves. I would fake sick, make myself sick, have “random” plans and such as just to get out of walking.  Her new name became Sgt. Sandy.  One of the things I looked forward to when I moved from Butler was not having to walk all the flippin time J and now I’d give my right arm if she lived so close to pester me to walk after work L (well almost..maybe just a finger.)  So anyway back to my Butler story…since I was coming back to Butler and hadn’t saw her for a bit so I told her I would come down there and I OFFERED to walk. Can u believe it. I TOLD HER we were walking. And walk we did. I had to tell her to slow her roll with her long legs a couple of times. I was huffin & puffin. But 4.4 miles later we had caught up on all our stories and lost lots of calories. Moral of the story…don’t move to Butler unless you want to be recruited to walk with her lol and it’s always better to have a workout partner. It makes it easier when you have someone to chat with or CALL AND PESTER you to show up!! Hee hee! Love you Sandra Dawn!

Then Sunday night rolls around and I was trying to think of something fun to do to workout outside.  So a friend of mine had softball equipment so my bright idea was that if I pitch the ball to you, you hit the ball, I run after the ball and then try to tag you out at first then that would equal fun times and calories lost. Well me and Erin probably laughed lots of calories away. It was super fun and made my Sunday night exercise not so boring.   

I had my “last chance workout” with BTT on Monday morning. It was a great workout.  I was nervous about my weigh in on Tuesday morning. I had only lost 3-4 lbs that whole week so I was praying that over night I had dropped more.  So Monday night I went to Title Boxing.  That stuff ain’t no joke. It is sooo hard!!!  I have had a membership there for a while and went at first but it just kept getting so hard that I dreaded it and I wouldn’t go. That’s why I fell in love with Zumba…b/c I couldn’t wait to do it but with Title it’s not something I look forward to doing.  I do like the results though. 
Tuesday I had another great weigh in. I’m so thankful.  The 2nd week is the hardest. At least that’s what they say on The Biggest Loser. They have the 2nd week curse that I thought I was gonna have and thankfully it didn’t hit to bad. Now I’m hoping I don’t have the 3 week curse lol.  I had had one of my Mandi thoughts to where when these 9 weeks are over that I was gonna cut my hair, color it and change my name and reenter so I could be in it again! Hee hee..but after this mornings workout I spit on that thought!!! Dear Lord above.  Sarah killed me.  I have one more thing to add to my “I don’t do” list. It’s sprints! I hate them.  I don’t do them.  Well I should say now..I hadn’t done them before.  My normal jog (and yes it’s slow) but it was 4.2mph. That was my “I feel comfortable jog.” I could do “that” jog for a WHOLE minute at a time w/o having to repent in the middle of my run b/c if I died I want to make sure my hearts right with the Lord.  The sprints I did this morning was about as close to death as I have ever been.  SHE MADE ME GO 5.5MPH!! Have you seen me? No seriously, have you seen me?  Do I LOOK like I can go 5.5 mph for 30 secs at a time.  My lips and other things were blowing back up in my face.  I couldn’t breathe. I couldn’t even muster out “Lord forgive me of my sins if I die” whisper to Jesus.  I think we did this a total of 9 times…9 times way to many.  I seriously thought Lord I’m coming home.  She wasn’t done yet. Sarah LOVES those dad tootin stairs. Actually she likes to watch ME do the stairs.  I have no idea how many of those I did, 2 at a time no less… with her saying..Don’t put your hands on your legs!!!  She’s always hollering commands. Suck your stomach in, keep your back straight, take your hands off the treadmill, stop putting your hands on your legs, get up, put your butt down, I know you hate me, put your shoulders down…etc…those are just a few!!! And she wonders….

So needless to say..I had a little cry in the shower and in my car before work. Tears of exhaustion and tears of did I just do that.  The girl who doesn’t look like she can, who didn’t think she could. I just did that.  I’ve been pretty mellow today. Kinda quiet.  I usually am after something like that. 
Did I tell you I have lost 20 lbs in two weeks? Those scrubs (that were in the top 5 things of I can’t wait list at the beginning of this challenge) that were cutting off my circulation aren’t cutting it off anymore and the ones I hadn’t even been able to fit in for months slid on this morning and are loose???  It is super exciting.  It’s not been easy. I have 7 weeks to go.  I am being pushed beyond my limits of comfort. Way beyond if you ask me. Don’t ask Sarah.  I’m praying for another good week!  I’m pushing myself farther than I ever thought I could go. It’s truly amazing what you can do even when you think you can’t.  I wanted to give up this morning but even just sitting here reading all the good things I just wrote actually just pushed me again.  Not enough to be happy about going to Title Boxing tonight…but nonetheless it pushed me! Encouraged me.  Maybe that’s why I blog.  Maybe it’s not for you guys to read but for me to be reminded of why I am here in the first place and that I CAN DO THIS. I WILL DO THIS!  WE WILL DO THIS!!!! 
Smooches xoxo

p.s. I also forgot to tell you guys at my niece Ciara's b-day party..they all had CAKE...I had yogurt and Kashi...can u believe I did that? Wasn't even tempted and I LOVE CAKE..actually I love ICING!! I wanna roll in it and I passed it up!! Man what a difference 2 weeks can make!!!!  lol

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you Mandi...What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right? You are doing awesome...Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete