Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day # 2.... :)

Day #2…The day I met them…….




I was so nervous that morning…I was excited up until I pulled into the parking lot of Prairie Life Fitness and then I got the “nervous poops”…(that’s scriptural ya know) I was thinking.. “What if they make me do something I can’t?” How dumb am I gonna feel, look, etc…then I walked in the door.

There stood “Bob the Trainer” and Sarah the Trainer. They were so happy to greet me…took my nerves away  We went up stairs and they measured me. (Have you ever worried if the measuring tape is gonna go all the way around when they say HIPS PLEASE? I was worried but to my relief it went all the way. If you haven’t seen my hips…they don’t lie) Then they pulled out what looked like an enlarged Nintendo controller. Back in the day Nintendo controllers….the one I can beat…the ONLY one I can beat on a good day! Anyway…it had like handle bars on the side and I had to hold it and it told me, God and everybody my BMI…I could have swore I heard it say OH MY…but Sarah didn’t hear it so whatever.



We then went to the treadmill. Not just me and Sarah, but me, Sarah and Bob the trainer. BTT (Bob the trainer) in front, Sarah on the right and they turned the treadmill on and the incline up and there I went, while we all blabbed, giggled and I alone started to sweat. Then another trainer appeared on the left of me. Talk about personal attention. It was a bit awkward at first. Hey everyone, watch the fat girl sweat on the treadmill. Lol Sarah would ever so gently increase the speed and the incline…I warned her if she did it any higher that I would turn into just a listener, not a talker.(A big girl can only walk so fast up a hill and be able to hold a full blown conversation.) At one point as she made me go faster and steeper, I lightly placed my fingers on the handle of the treadmill so I could get a little help/balance…I soon found out that I was not to make contact with the treadmill via Sarah lifting my poor little tired fingers off of the rest bar. So why do they have arm thingy majigs on the treadmill anyway if we aren’t allowed to touch them?? Not even place a finger on them? Lol…but fine Sarah..whatever you say Sarah lol… I do love her….she’s doing it for my own good..but I don’t have to like her. After that we went to weights. We started out on a Bosu Ball. Those are basically stability balls cut in half and stick a black platform underneath it. I was reminded how much balance I DON”T have. I was falling forward, backwards, to the side…now that’s when the 3 trainers came in handy lol We lifted weights on that once I could actually not tip over and then did more weights, planks (the devil), squats (close to the devil) etc…I was so happy when it was over. Not because it was over, but b/c I did it and didn’t die. I know they were easy on my first day but I still did it.

The day started off so good and then I had to go to my Aunts funeral. That wasn’t fun. Then the dinner afterwards wasn’t good either…as in I wasn’t good. Not gonna lie…there was nothing there good to eat, healthy wise…so what did I do. I ate. I didn’t have big portions but I ate. I’m gonna just say it…I HAD A PIECE OF SHEET CAKE!! Oh dear God!! I felt awful. I’m thinking all these people voted me in, I have trainers and I eat sheet cake. I have no excuses but it was there, I was emotional from the funeral and it sounded so good. Bad Mandi Bad Mandi!

I am learning though that just because you slip up that you just have to keep on truckin. Before if I messed up once in the day..then I would just continue to slip up and say I’ll start over again tomorrow. Well in this 9 week journey. I don’t have tomorrow. I have today. If I slip up, I start back over the next moment and choose the right thing next time!



My trainer (s) couldn’t meet with me this morning so she gave me a cardio exercise to do this morning. Those dang hills and the memory of her nudging my fingers off. Ugh..it was SO hard. I thought I might just keel over and die.  I did at Level 10 incline put my hands on the treadmill. Don’t tell Sarah..but I did it. I had to. One day I won’t. I look forward to the day I walk up that hill and not look for something to grab but on day #2..i still grab. It was only 40 min but I burned almost 600 calories doing it so I felt great. I’ve walked the stairs at my work today, I walked a mile on my lunch and then the stairs again and TONIGHT IS ZUMBA!! I am so excited. Zumba was my love a while back and then when I moved and switched gyms I didn’t like it as much so I am praying to God Almighty that this Zumba is a Hip Hop sorta Zumba. I don’t prefer the latin Zumba. I need some groovin tunes!! I can’t dance. I don’t even look cute but I still love it. You know that saying that says something like..what you admire in others is just something in yourself that your seeing??? Well if that’s the truth, then there is a Beyonce just dying to come out of me. ;) I just make sure and get in the back and dance my little heart out. I don’t even feel like I’m working out b/c I’m in Mandi land, droppin it like it’s hot and layin it down like it’s warm!!! LOL



Did I mention I’m sore?? Did I mention my food isn’t super fun and I would kill someone for a bowl of Blue Bell ice cream? I’m making it though. I’m startin to like this new way of life. The whole 3rd day of it.  I like how I feel. Sore and all…it’s a good sore. It means I’ve been doing something besides watching The Real Housewives of New Jersey. Speaking of..that Danielle is something else…ok I won’t go into that but now I don’t have time.



I’m so thankful for this opportunity. I feel blessed more than anything. I’ll continue to say it b/c I am just so thankful. Lord let me not waste any tid bit of this opportunity you have placed before me. I want to take every advantage of it and be able to look back and not say man..i should have went one more time while I had the chance. So here I am..sore, a weeee bit hungry, but super excited for Zumba!!! Can’t wait to tell you guys if I lost my groove or if Mandi got her groove back!!! Go Mandi, shake yo booty, don’t fall, get busy!!!!  Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. I love reading your blogs. How inspiring! I would kill for a bowl of moosetracks ice cream. My weakness. Oh fudge. Oh chocolate swirls. oh, oh, oh! STOP IT ALI. Stop it. :) One day at a time, sugar. YOU GOT THIS!!!!! Kudos to you for admitting your mistakes and making a change to correct them next time. LOVED this. It shows a lot about your character, and you are DEF someone I would want to be friends with!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Miss Mandi...We are all here with you (in spirit, or course, we can't all fit in the building together)...Keep it up girlfriend!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm seriously just sitting here smiling at your posts because you are so brutally honest (which I love) and I can totally relate! Keep working girl, you are SO doing this!

    ReplyDelete